Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Funfetti

Confession: I've never had funfetti cake. Am I missing out on something here? I have had cookies that were made with funfetti cake mix, does that count?
Well anyways, I have some nail art that was intended to just be a fun experiment with dots (my favorite) and layering, but it ended up reminding me of funfetti!




















With Essie Matte About You























I started with one coat of Love & Beauty Cream (a very shear white) then did three dots each of OPI Bullish on OPI, Essie Orange, It's Obvious!, Sinful Colors Pull Over, Julep Leah, and Sally Hansen Blue Me Away! on each nail. I followed that with two more coats of Cream, another round of dots, then another two coats of Cream. I kind of wish that I had done more layers of Cream between dots to make the layers really stand out, but I still love this!

6 comments:

  1. Mmm.. they reminded me of the confetti cakes before I even read what you wrote haha.
    awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who was reminded of those!

      Delete
  2. I wondered what this reminded me of, and why I wanting to eat a cupcake or two!?!! Love this, so delish! I mean... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, this TOTALLY reminds me of the cake. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the coolest manis I've seen in a while! It completely made me think of cake and now I would kill someone for a cupcake! LOL Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool looking!!! Love the combo of colorful dots over sheer white! And it totally reminds me of the cake! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete